Have you ever had trouble keeping up with your blog post schedule? If the answer is yes, then keep reading because we’re going to help you nail down that schedule and get your site filled with great content.
If you’ve hit a wall with blogging, it’s likely due to one of these reasons:
- A lack of time
- A lack of inspiring subject matter
Whatever the cause, implementing content curation as part of your publishing plan can help.
What is Content Curation?
In simple terms, content curation is the act of discovering, sorting, organizing and sharing content found on the web with your audience. It’s becoming an increasingly important strategy for individual bloggers, marketing departments or anyone with a small team.
The purpose of content curation is to provide valuable resources to your existing followers while alleviating the pressures of continually producing original content for your site. Sharing relevant articles, videos and other forms of content helps to increase brand loyalty by building a more beneficial relationship with your audience.
There are many forms of content you can find and share:
- Articles (blog posts)
- Images (memes, animated GIFs, infographics)
- Guides (in PDF download format)
- Reviews (books, recipes, products)
- Case studies and more.
Whatever type of content you choose, how you decide to share it with your audience is up to you. Aside from the obvious social channel sharing, you could also write a single blog post that includes a list of other blog articles. You could put this same list in an email newsletter to your followers or customers, or you could even populate a WordPress website with curated content using RSS feeds.
Content Curation Tools for WordPress
Content curation in WordPress is easiest when done with a plugin. There are several to choose from, but here are a few of the most popular ones as indicated by the number of active installations and ratings on the official WordPress.org repository.
WP RSS Aggregator is the most comprehensive RSS feed importer and autoblogging plugin for WordPress with premium add-ons for additional functionality.
Turn what people post on social networks into compelling stories. With Storify, you collect the best photos, video, Tweets and more from around the web and publish them as simple, beautiful stories embedded into your WordPress posts and pages. It’s the best way to chronicle an event through what people share, whether it’s a conference, wedding, election or natural disaster.
Curated Content is still safe with SEO, and this content curation plugin for WordPress works perfectly to create curated content from RSS Feed, Google News or any other sources.
MyCurator supports a wide range of curation practices
- Our Get It bookmarklet allows you to curate content while you browse the web on your desktop, tablet or phone
- Curate Video from YouTube and other video sources, with the video pre-embedded into your post
- MyCurator Notebooks allow you to save multiple articles for a complex curation or an original writing project
- Curate several articles into a single curation just by tagging multiple articles
- Curate articles to the Custom Post Types you’ve defined for your site
- Bulk curation tools to handle curating many articles at once
- A Quick Post feature to post the pre-filled curations immediately to your site
- Selective Auto-Post capability uses our AI classification to automatically post pre-filled curations
- Security settings for multiple curators to manage workflow and visibility of articles
Keeping your blog updated with original content daily is hard. By mixing curated content into your blogging and social sharing schedule, you’ll alleviate the pressures of writing and researching daily while still providing value-added resources for your visitors.
Speaking of a value-added resource, be sure to visit the District for more useful articles about WordPress!