Your privacy is very important to SiteLock, LLC (Henceforward the “Company”, “We”, Us”). We want to make your experience using our services on the Internet as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and we want you to use the Internet's vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
SiteLock, LLC participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List, https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
SiteLock, LLC is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
1. Introduction. The Company collects information in different ways from Visitors and Customers who access the various parts of our Web site, Services and the network of Web sites accessible through our Services. We use this information primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our Services and, generally, do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
2. Registration. Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. Visitors inquiring about the Services may be asked to submit business information, such as company name and phone number. The personal information collected from Customers during the registration process is used to manage each Customer's account (such as for billing purposes). This information is not shared with third parties. The Company may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information Customers provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Customers). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell advertisements that appear on the Services.
3. The Company’s Partners and Sponsors. Some of the Company products and services are offered to Visitors and Customers in conjunction with a non-affiliated partner. To provide Visitors and Customers some of these products and services, the partner may need to collect and maintain personal information. In these instances, we will provide such data collected or transferred to our Partners and Sponsors (e.g., domain registration). Additionally, many of the Company Customers have co-branded pages that are co-sponsored by non-affiliated partners. The Company will share non-identifying and aggregate information (except as described above), but not personal information, with such partners in order to administer the co-branded products or services offered. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities limited to security, fraud detection and / or compliance services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
4. Responses to Email Inquiries. When Visitors or Customers send email inquiries to the Company, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. The Company does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
5. Voluntary Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party; that company is prohibited from using our users’ personal information for any other purpose. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice. We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other Company customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personal information may be shared with third parties.
6. Special Cases. It is the Company’s policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors or Customers in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, the Company may disclose personal information about Visitors or Customers, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect the Company and our Customers. If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
8. Statistics. As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information.
9. Behavioral Advertising. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
10. The Company's Commitment to Data Security. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Services and Web sites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. How to Access, Delete or Modify Your Information. Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or amend it by making the change on your account settings page, request deletion by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com or by contacting us by telephone at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
Administrators of company accounts have the ability to add new users by inputting their name and email address. If a user of the Services desires to have their information modified or deleted, they should contact the administrator they deal with directly.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
Our Web site also offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You can request the removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
14. Frames. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.sitelock.com.
16. Contact Us.
Effective December 16, 2016