Saturday, November 24, 2012, is the second annual Small Business Saturday – a day created to celebrate the success of entrepreneurs across the nation and all that they do for the community. Originally conceived by American Express, the shopping holiday is sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and encourages consumers to buy from small, local brick and mortar businesses.
Here at SiteLock, we aid small businesses each day by protecting their online presence and customers’ data. We encourage you to shop at the small businesses in your area this Saturday and support this nationwide effort. Here are some ways that you can participate:
- Visit www.shopsmall.com to find the small businesses in your area and pay them a visit! Or promote your business there and make it easy for local consumers to find you.
- Encourage others to participate in a shopping excursion with you. Grab some friends on Saturday morning and enjoy brunch at the locally owned and operated café on your corner before exploring small businesses in your area for a day of shopping.
- Share your discoveries! Find a beautiful painting at an art gallery or a unique chair at an antique shop? Show it off by Tweeting a picture of it with the hash tag #SmallBizSat or share it with your friends via Facebook. The small business will appreciate the exposure and you get to show off your great taste.
- Do you run your own small business? Rally your customers and create a stir of excitement with emails, social posts and special promotions for the day. American Express even offers free marketing resources to help you drive traffic.
- If you own a small business website, be sure to provide a secure environment for shoppers that will be visiting your site this Saturday. The influx of personal and financial data being exchanged is a goldmine for hackers who aim to infect your website and steal private information.
Small businesses provide many of the things we need and help keep our communities strong. We hope you’ll show your support for Small Business Saturday!