In a recent interview with Barry Moltz on Blog Talk Radio, Neill Feather, President of SiteLock, responds to the growing concern, particularly for small businesses, of website risks and how adding website security can protect online businesses and their reputation.
The fact is that small businesses are increasingly a prime target for cyber crime. Case in point – Neill references a recent study by Verizon that states that 95% of online businesses that are attacked by hackers have fewer than 100 employees. And the number of attacks continues to grow each day.
Topics covered include:
- The top reasons for attacks on small businesses and why your website is the #1 platform for cybercriminals to use as an entry point to your valuable data
- How you can protect your website and stay ahead of hackers who are trying to sneak in but stay hidden from website owners
- The types of technology and tools that hackers use to gain access to your website when it’s not secure
- The most common forms of website malware that either redirect your website traffic or steal data from your site
- Steps to take to secure your website, identify malware and other vulnerabilities quickly, and minimize the impact if your website is attacked
The costs of website security are minimal compared to the cost of a website attack. For example, an annual website security plan can range from $15 per year up to roughly $100 per month, depending on the complexity of your website and the level of website protection that you need. The average cost of a website attack for small businesses is $194,000, which in many cases, could cause them to go out of business.
Start building your website security plan today.